My latest purchase. A serious case of NAS!

Brandonberg

Thanks to everybody that suggested B&H Photo in NYC. I went into the store two days ago and was breath taken by the sheer size and set up. They have everything you could want and more.

I was overcome by a serious case of NAS and ended up walking out with the D7100 18-105mm kit plus accessories. Good for me.. not for my wallet ;) .

I checked out Adoramas 18th street store. They have a good range but no where near the scale of B&H.

I've just started my U.S.A holiday with my girlfriend and we are staying in times Square at the moment. Time to put this new camera to use and mail my D3100 body home!

I would love to post photos along the way but working with only a Galaxy Note 8.0 is an little hard. Photo of purchase attached.

-Brandon

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382106631792.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382106631792.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 185

Brandonberg

Just wish my wallet would get even halfway toward making an "impulse" purchase like that. Congrats on the new rig!

Most of it was premeditated. But when I got there I realized i saved over 20% more than Australian prices and it sealed the deal for me.

fotojack

Congrats on your purchase. Just remember....when you get it all back home, your warranty is over and done with (unless you made specific arrangements with Nikon USA to do otherwise). To my knowledge, Nikons are warranted only in the country in which they are sold.

Scott Murray

Excellent purchases mate, enjoy your holiday. NYC is an amazing place, be sure to check out some of the Jazz bars. Its been many years since I was there.

Brandonberg

Jack - no problems there. Fully aware of the warranty implications. Will simply ship back to the states if I have any problems. Not worth the additional cost in Australia for an easier warranty... Touch wood it shouldn't have issues!

Scott - thanks mate, having a great time. Currently at the empire state building waiting in the long security line! Thanks goodness for tapatalk.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Scott Murray

Jack - no problems there. Fully aware of the warranty implications. Will simply ship back to the states if I have any problems. Not worth the additional cost in Australia for an easier warranty... Touch wood it shouldn't have issues!

Scott - thanks mate, having a great time. Currently at the empire state building waiting in the long security line! Thanks goodness for tapatalk.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Make sure you go to the Top of the Rock observation deck of an evening and you will get some great shots of the empire state building from there.

carguy

Thanks to everybody that suggested B&H Photo in NYC. I went into the store two days ago and was breath taken by the sheer size and set up. They have everything you could want and more.

I was overcome by a serious case of NAS and ended up walking out with the D7100 18-105mm kit plus accessories. Good for me.. not for my wallet ;) .

I checked out Adoramas 18th street store. They have a good range but no where near the scale of B&H.

I've just started my U.S.A holiday with my girlfriend and we are staying in times Square at the moment. Time to put this new camera to use and mail my D3100 body home!

I would love to post photos along the way but working with only a Galaxy Note 8.0 is an little hard. Photo of purchase attached.

-Brandon
Nice pack of goodies you have there :) Welcome to the USA.

You can upload some pics to Flickr and share them via Tapatalk. but save that for later and enjoy the stay :)

brads

-Brandon

Good on you Brandon. Nice purchases. Now to get a Mac. Cheers, Brad :)