Gettysburg Pennsylvania

Rick M

I've often thought it would be nice if we had a travel thread to showcase photography from various destinations so I'll start here with my shots from Gettysburg. I started another thread called illegally obtained photographs due to the fact that this national Park was closed, it is now reopened so here's my shots from inside. I'll be starting this thread with iPhone pictures from during my vacation following up next week with shots from my D600. Please feel free to add your shots from Gettysburg specifically.

We started out on W. Confederate Ave. here's a few shots from there.

5esezyvu.jpg

vahe2a9e.jpg

Rick M

The Robert E Lee statue

enygajev.jpg

These next two shots are from big round top which is less developed than little round top which seems to be a bit more popular. This spot was the extreme left of the Union Army the Confederates tried charging up this hill to flank the Union forces and failed.

3usynu2e.jpg

ezasyhe4.jpg

Rick M

These next few shots are of the devil's den looking across from the Devils den to little round top and the area on top of the Devils den.

5a6uve6e.jpg

nagery9u.jpg

gabedubu.jpg

hube8u5a.jpg

4azenyha.jpg

Rick M

Here are some miscellaneous monuments and also of course the Pennsylvania Monument which is the biggest of the park.

rajequha.jpg

8y6atyzu.jpg

du3yga9a.jpg

vuruba9y.jpg

dajyhage.jpg

Alan

Nice shots. Looks like they opened the park just in time for you. I always like to visit the PA monument as I have ancestors names there.

Rick M

As you can see, I had some nice clouds today. I'm very anxious to get home and process my D600 shots. So far I have about 150 sets of bracketed shots for HDR

Alan

Last year my son needed to do a project for his photo class (real film) in college so we went to Gettysburg. Here are a couple shots from that.

2012-04-08 17.28.36.jpg
2012-04-08 18.36.31.jpg
2012-04-08 17.56.59.jpg
2012-04-08 18.17.24.jpg

Alan

These were all taken near the Angle at the High Water Mark on Cemetery Ridge. This is where Pickets Charge hit the Union Line on July 3rd.

DSC02551.jpg
DSC02555.jpg
2012-04-08 18.23.28 (2).jpg
2012-04-08 18.35.42.jpg
2012-04-08 18.41.12.jpg

Alan

Thanks Rick. We were there at sunset because his assignment was silhouette shots so I was just looking for something different myself.

Alan

A couple years ago my wife decided she would like some photos of entrances to hang in our entrance. So along with our daughter (are you seeing a family camera theme here) we went to Gettysburg to track some down. These are all from buildings in downtown Gettysburg.

CIMG1931.jpg
DSC_0157.jpg
DSC_0158.jpg
DSC_0178.jpg
DSC_0204.jpg

Rick M

This small red tree was down in the middle of the valley of death, about the only one. Waiting for the morning sun to hit it,

de4y4ume.jpg

ugemeduz.jpg

Rick M

Hard to see but the moon is right above the cannon and the first one hopefully when I get back the HDR will bring it out more. In the second shot I'm waiting for the sun to rise over little round top another angle of this Red tree in the valley of death hopefully will be spectacular when the sun rises.

a2yhe2an.jpg

tazu6eqy.jpg