D600 now only $1,699 on Amazon!

Horoscope Fish

Speaking just for myself... If I'm up for spending $1700 on a bet, chances are pretty good I'm just as good with spending $2000 on a sure thing.

And yes, I know the D610 isn't out yet so it's not, technically speaking, a "sure thing". Sit your a-- back down, Poindexter and straighten that pocket-protector; you know what I mean.

Fred Kingston

Well... They have a 30 day No questions policy... Charge it up... set it on full Continuous, and run the battery down leaning on the shutter... and check for dust and spots after every filled memory card... rinse and repeat every day for a week or 2... :D

Horoscope Fish

Well... They have a 30 day No questions policy... Charge it up... set it on full Continuous, and run the battery down leaning on the shutter... and check for dust and spots after every filled memory card... rinse and repeat every day for a week or 2... :D
I like the cut of your jib, sir.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I'm wondering how Nikon is going to handle replacing d600 shutters from now on. Are they going to use the d610 shutter? If it's the same body why wouldn't they? Right?

Great idea to stress the crap out of it. That should bring out any problems you might have.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Great idea to stress the crap out of it. That should bring out any problems you might have.

But then you just wear it out faster... Might as well get it and use it normally to see what happens. You might even have to learn how to clean your sensor... Not a bad thing to learn when you know that with any DSLR the dust will get in eventually.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
If you do your own wet sensor cleaning, you might be good to go in getting a D600.

For those who gets more comfort with the "improved" sensor and additional weather sealing, the D610 might be a better solution.

It's funny that I compared the prices about 10 hours ago, and the D600 was much higher.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
If you do your own wet sensor cleaning, you might be good to go in getting a D600.

For those who gets more comfort with the "improved" sensor and additional weather sealing, the D610 might be a better solution.

It's funny that I compared the prices about 10 hours ago, and the D600 was much higher.

And checking now shows they only have 1 left in stock. :eek:

aroy

Just my view. I would wait for D610 to be released in the market, and then pick up a new D600 for less than $1,500./ More than that the D610 is a better proposition.