Nikon d5100, Nikkor 10-24mm dx lens, Hitech 100mm filters.

tiermanikon

Hi, I am considering purchasing a square filter system primarily for landscape photography and would be interested if anyone has any experience of the above combination of equipment.
Before spending this amount of money I would like to make sure that I will not suffer from any vignetting when using the 10-24mm DX lens with the 100 x 150mm square filters.
Thanks for any feedback.

WayneF

Before spending this amount of money I would like to make sure that I will not suffer from any vignetting when using the 10-24mm DX lens with the 100 x 150mm square filters.

Try contacting the filter manufacturer on their web site, and ask them about using a 10 mm DX lens with their filters?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
As far as I could make out from the Lee Filter catalog, the Nikon 14-24mm requires 150mm, so a 100mm system may vignette with the 10-24mm. That said some users are using 77mm B&W thin filter system and correcting for vignetting in post processing.
The LEE Camera Filters System - Includes Filter Holders, Adaptor Rings and Lens Hoods

The OP was talking about the 10-24 DX lens, not the 14-24 FX. The 14-24 is HUGE and it takes a special "Lee" contraption to hold the square filters on it. And it is expensive. I don't know about the 10-24 though.