bought a d5200.. first time with a dslr

thedammned

Hi ,

took the plunge and bought a nikon d5200 after years of owning bridge cameras and i must say wow.. what a difference it makes :cool:

took this pic yesterday in a friends back garden using a sigma 70-300 lense

DSC_0006_zpse586b5c8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

my friend does a lot of photography has said i should get a 18-200mm lens??

also how can i connect it to a telescope.. my partner wants to try some astro-photography

cheers

​paul

dramtastic

Nice shot. Enjoy your new camera, you'll have some fun with that baby. Not sure why your friend recommended that lens size in particular. All depends what you like to shoot and you'll likely end up with more that one lens anyway.

Horoscope Fish

I'm not sure why... Your 70-300 is an excellent lens. Maybe he means to suggest something wide angle (e.g. 18mm)? A good wide angle lens is a good thing to have... IF you need one. If not, just enjoy your 70-300mm. If you do want something wider, or faster, there are certainly plenty of options.

also how can i connect it to a telescope.. my partner wants to try some astro-photography
You'll need something like one of these T-Mount/Adapter Ring kits but the specific kit will depend on what telescope you want to connect your camera to. MOST telescopes accept a 1.25" adapter but you'll want to make sure everything matches up correctly.

thedammned

​thanks for the welcome and the replies.. i a really enjoying the camera :)

as for the squirrel being difficult?? no.. he just posed for me lovely.. got a few other shots of him as well running up and down the tree :)

Rick M

welcome to the site Paul! As horoscope mentioned, since you have the 70-300 might want to look at something wide and fast. If I was shooting dx I'd be after the new sigma 18-35 1.8.

Mark F

Hi ,

took the plunge and bought a nikon d5200 after years of owning bridge cameras and i must say wow.. what a difference it makes :cool:

took this pic yesterday in a friends back garden using a sigma 70-300 lense

DSC_0006_zpse586b5c8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

cheers

​paul

If you can afford it... Keep the 70-300 and add the 16-85. Nice combo and the 16-85 is great for walk around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free