• No AA filter
  • 3.2" vari-angle LCD monitor

via NikonRumors.com: This is the Nikon D5300 | Nikon Rumors

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Re: D5300 Announced!

Added the last two specs.

I'm actually glad Nikon finally realized that people don't want to buy expensive add-ons for wi-fi and GPS. This is a great step forward, IMO.

cadomniel

Nikon is coming out with the new models too fast...
I just bought the D5100 and already they are out with the D5300....

Mark F

Doesn't look like enough for owners of a d5200 to upgrade to. I don't use GPS or WiFi so that doesn't matter to me. The Expeed 4 sensor, nobody has seen it yet so we shall see. I do like the fact that they are getting away from the AA filter. Some positives.. some new technologies... Nikon is testing the waters with this camera I think.

eidian

If the 5200 drops in price dramatically I'm in trouble because I'll be trying to convince my wife that I need to upgrade from my D3200 in only a few months instead of to the D7100 in two years like I promised.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Horoscope Fish

If the 5200 drops in price dramatically I'm in trouble because I'll be trying to convince my wife that I need to upgrade from my D3200 in only a few months instead of to the D7100 in two years like I promised.
Explain to your wife I told you to upgrade to the '7100. Today. In fact, do it right now.

Yeah, that's right... Stop whatever it is you're doing and go buy one.

I'm waiting...

cadomniel

I know how you feel, but in all fairness the '5100 was *released* in early 2011; if memory serves.

Yeah I know and bought the D5100 now spent the money on extra glass, and if I enjoy the hobby a lot will get a D7100 within a year.

Nikon understands the market and caters to consumers that need the latest and greatest

eidian

Explain to your wife I told you to upgrade to the '7100. Today. In fact, do it right now.

Yeah, that's right... Stop whatever it is you're doing and go buy one.

I'm waiting...

One of two things will transpire, either:

1) You will be waiting for about two years or
2) You will answer your door and you will get smacked in-the-head by my wife while she is telling you to not give me any encouragement.

Don't ask what happened to me... I :sly:

Patrick M

The D7100 is now referred (some digital photo websites & mags) as a Prosumer DSLR while the new D5300 sits just below as a consumer DSLR.
The D5300 is described as evolutionary not revolutionary.
So if your choice is the D5300 or the D7100, then it's the D7100 for sure.
Mind you, in a few months, there'll probably be a new D7200 with the wifi and GPS ...it will be superb....I hope evolutionary ;-)

carguy

One of two things will transpire, either:

1) You will be waiting for about two years or
2) You will answer your door and you will get smacked in-the-head by my wife while she is telling you to not give me any encouragement.

Don't ask what happened to me... I :sly:
Remember, forgiveness is easier obtained than permission....

eidian

Remember, forgiveness is easier obtained than permission....

I've heard that before but I've decided that I don't want to have to "forgive" a $300 Coach purse when that saying is turned back on me--I prefer to know before hand.

Imagine what would've happened if I got my Z1000 that way... I'd probably still be hearing about six years later instead of my wife suggesting it over the Ninja 650R that I was going to buy originally. Have you ever heard of a wife telling her husband to get a BIGGER motorcycle?

Last edited:

cadomniel

I just saw the price in the thread below $796 body only - so I have no regrets getting the D5100 for only $100 more I got 2 lenses, camera bag, memory card, card reader, spare battery, It has everything I need to get started in DSLR.

I plan on upgrading my kit lenses before upgrading the body but hopefully by that time D7200 is out so I can add a D7100 for good price!

carguy

I've heard that before but I've decided that I don't want to have to "forgive" a $300 Coach purse when that saying is turned back on me--I prefer to know before hand.

Imagine what would've happened if I got my Z1000 that way... I'd probably still be hearing about six years later instead of my wife suggesting it over the Ninja 650R that I was going to buy originally. Have you ever heard of a wife telling her husband to get a BIGGER motorcycle?

Coward lol :)

Tapp'n on the go