MB-D10 Grip D300s battery settings Auto Switching

PBlunt7307

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this so please let me know if I'm doing something wrong regarding the post.
I have a D300s with the MB-D10 Grip. Both the body and grip have a Nikon EN-EL3e battery.
I found the setting that enables me to choose which battery the camera should use first but I am not clear if when the first battery is depleted will the camera automatically switch to the second battery without an manual intervention by myself.
Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this so please let me know if I'm doing something wrong regarding the post.
I have a D300s with the MB-D10 Grip. Both the body and grip have a Nikon EN-EL3e battery.
I found the setting that enables me to choose which battery the camera should use first but I am not clear if when the first battery is depleted will the camera automatically switch to the second battery without an manual intervention by myself.
Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

There could be a pause before the camera shifts to the 2nd battery depending if you are shooting stills or taking video.

I normally set the primary battery on the grip since it is faster to access compared to the other battery that is inside the camera.