SD to CF

Carolina Photo Guy

I had a couple of mini sd adapters that split in half. 8 gigs down the toilet. Personally, I won't be messing with them. On the other hand, I have several CF cards from my days with a Canon D60.

Sold the camera, but kept the cards. I also have a couple of IBM microdrives.

Pete

crasher

Not used those adaptors but when I upgraded from a D80 to D300 I got a SD to CF adaptor which worked well. For those in the UK they are available from Maplin Electronics at just under £20

Vincent

Old topic, but relevant to my current issue:

I just got one of these for my D70s:
462559.jpg

on the packaging it states it can work with MMC cards. I still have an old 4Gb MMC I used in a car radio, so wanted to use this in the adapter on the D70s (I bought a 2Gb CF with the camera).
I can not get it to work with the MMC card in it, it works perfectly with a 4Gb SD card (indicates 700+ possible pictures).

Any inspiration what I could try, till now:
- Format in the camera (with buttons and through menu) just leads to "For" on the indication of the number of pictures
- Format in computer: through the adapter also gives nothing, it shows not formatted card, proposes to format and states can not format at the end.
- Format MMC in D7000: states "Card Err" (not unexpected)
- Format of the MMC to FAT in computer (was FAT32) did not change any of the above tests.

At least I have a backup solution now with SD cards for the D70s and a way to read SD in the computer should my SD reader wear out (seems to have issues sometimes).

FastGlass

At saving a few bucks, your going to suffer in performance. Switching to SD cards will slow down the Buffer and transfer slower.

Bill16

Yes I have 3 of those type of adapters, and they work fine on the D300, though I prefer a good CF card. But I wouldn't recommend them to those that are using higher MPs cameras. I believe they would slow them down, due to CF cards working faster from what I've read.

But they are an option. :)