Bag for DLSR

pisean123

Am looking for bag (backpack) to carry DSLR & Accessories,what is the right choice..have gone through LOWEPRO,cost seems to higher...Something economical that will solve the purpose.

Regards
​Pisean

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Need more info regarding potential use: hiking, air travel, day trip, how many bodies and lenses, with tripod? Do you need quick access or storage? Laptop and/or tablet? Only camera gear?

pisean123

need to carry camera plus 2 lenses,tripod not necessary.
suitable for bike travel as well air travel.
My budjet is not more than 5k in INR

wiz561

I bought a Lowepro Adventura 170. It's OK...has room for the camera, 18-55 mm and 55-300 mm VR Lenses, some cleaner, etc... Enough room.

If I had to do it over, I think I would try the case logic one with the suspension for the camera. Just seems a little safer to me. Plus, maybe a smaller bag. I rarely use the 55-300 lens, and the bag is a tad bulky for everyday use.

cadomniel

I just got the Lowepro Pro Messenger 160AW. Picked it up from amazon for $120. Don't know how I got that price because I looked today and they are $201CDN.
Anyway, I am very impressed with the bag. Lots space. I can fit my D5100 with the 18-55 kit lens attached, and 55-300mm, 35mm prime and Tokina 11-16mm in the bag, as well as 3-4 lens filters, sb400, spare battery and cleaning kit. The nice thing about the bag is its very compact and even with all that gear it is not heavy at all.

Its a bit more stealthy which was an important factor for me. I don't like camera backpacks that scream ROB ME and I feel a smaller messenger bag worn at the side is safer than a backpack that someone can reach into without you noticing...

That being said backpack is more convenient and comfortable for going for a hike in the woods or mountains with your gear.