Inspiration - which film do you love?

wud

I just got a slr offered, for free! I am sorry to let you know, its not a Nikon, but think I'll have some fun with it.

What I once knew about the different films available, I must admit I've forgotten most (but I have used them though, and I did develop myself for a while).

Do you have any film you would recommend? The only one I know I want to try, are the Fuji Velvia, I've looked at image with this earlier and like it a lot.

Bob Blaylock

My favorite slide film is now deceased -- Kodachrome 64. :(

Can you maybe find it "used" (of course not used, but someone who sells unused rolls on ebay, amazon, old photography shops)?

Even if you could find the film, it is no longer possible to get it processed. Kodachrome used an exceptionally complex process to develop it, and the very last lab to offer this processing ceased to do so a few years ago.

wud

For color, Kodak Ektra 100 and Portra 160 Professional and black and white Kodak T-MAX 100

Your website link doesnt seem to work?!

Do you have any images to show with Portra 160? From what I can find on google, it looks really good.

Sandpatch

Can you maybe find it "used" (of course not used, but someone who sells unused rolls on ebay, amazon, old photography shops)?

Sadly, Kodachrome required very complex processing and I don't think there's a lab offering it anymore. Last lab (in the US) closed in 12/2010. I think I still have an old mailer or two I never used ....:(

In the mid-80s I recall trying Kodachrome 200 and it was an outstanding film for overcast days, a lifesaver at vacation spots likely never to be visited again. I have some shots taken in WV during the autumn and the trees still look wonderful, even in drizzle. Kodachrome 64 was my standard, but I also shot some Kodachrome 25 in the late 70s.

oldsalt

This was my favourite... back in my RB-67 days.

fujifilm-velvia50-120.jpg

lovely "smooth" colours....

wud

Yes, such beautiful colors with the velvia. Havent found it yet, though. And someone mentioned, not so many develop anymore, but I got a friend with a darkroom, so if needed, I could do it myself.. Ill see about that.

I want to try to shoot some backgrounds, print them and then use them as backgrounds for digital images.

Sendt fra min GT-P3110 med Tapatalk now Free

crycocyon

My all time favorite film stock was Kodachrome 25. Kodachrome 64 was better with browns and greens, while 25 was superb with reds and blues.

I found out last week that Rockymountain may still have chemicals left for Kodachrome, however, they ran out of the colors so what you would get are black and white transparencies. Kodachrome is such a complex process that color was actually added during the processing. I have still a roll of Kodachrome 200 to be developed. :(

As for available film, I'm going to try out the Kodak Ektar 100. From sample photos I saw in a google search it looks like the ticket for me as far as resolution is concerned.