Nikon V1 + FT1 cannot recognize my Nikon AFS 18-200mm VR I

woodytsg

I recently bought a V1 and FT1. I have upgraded the firmware of V1 and FT1 to 1.3 and 1.1 respectively. However, it still cannot recognize my 18-200mm VR I lens. The error message of "Check lens. Pictures can only be taken when a lens is attached" persists. When I took the system to the camera shop for assistance, they claimed that this was normal for first generation VR lens and you have to turn off the VR to use it on V1 + FT1. This really puzzles me. I cannot find any info from nikon which says that. I have sent an email to nikon but have not received their reply yet. So I would like to know if any other V1 + FT1 users can share their experience with me.

Horoscope Fish

I recently bought a V1 and FT1. I have upgraded the firmware of V1 and FT1 to 1.3 and 1.1 respectively. However, it still cannot recognize my 18-200mm VR I lens. The error message of "Check lens. Pictures can only be taken when a lens is attached" persists. When I took the system to the camera shop for assistance, they claimed that this was normal for first generation VR lens and you have to turn off the VR to use it on V1 + FT1. This really puzzles me. I cannot find any info from nikon which says that. I have sent an email to nikon but have not received their reply yet. So I would like to know if any other V1 + FT1 users can share their experience with me.
Well the lens compatability list for the FT1 shows it is compatible with the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II.

It does *not* list your AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR.

woodytsg

Thanks for your help Horoscope Fish. Next time I need info on Nikon products I will also check with the Nikon US website instead of just the Nikon Hong Kong website. I am from Hong Kong, so I naturally presume the Nikon HK website should have all the info on products they carry in HK. But it's obvious that I presumed wrong. On the FT 1, they have just a brief description on FT 1 and nothing more. I am glad that I've come to this forum for help.
​Thanks again.