The eye has it!

Scott Murray

Here is a close up of my mates eye...

SHM_3136.jpg

FastGlass

I thought the Raynox DCR-250 was a snapon to use with a ordinary lense to convert to macro? Did you use it with 90mm macro?

Scott Murray

I thought the Raynox DCR-250 was a snapon to use with a ordinary lense to convert to macro? Did you use it with 90mm macro?
It is designed to snap on to any lens from 52mm to 67mm (I think) adding it to my 90mm increases the magnification greater than 1:1 maybe 3.5:1 or something (I am no expert) I have a thread where I showed the differences with different lens set ups.

This is with just the 90mm macro

52833d1379505545t-macro-lens-comparison-shm_1354.jpg

This is with 90mm and Raynox.

53920d1380252933t-macro-lens-comparison-shm_2631.jpg

Last edited:

WeeHector

Hi, Scott! Nice close-up of the eye. I've just ordered the Raynox and a set of macro rings so I'm hoping to be up with you soon. ::what::

Last edited:

Scott Murray

Hi, Scott! Nice close-up of the eye. I've just ordered the Raynox and a set of macro rings so I'm hoping to be up with you soon. ::what::

I think you will love the raynox I have not yet used extension rings so will be interesting to see how yours turn out. You will find that light is the key and you will need to use flash and a diffuser.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free

PapaST

Hey Scott, two questions. Does the raynox change the focusing distances? And did the closeup shot of the eye hurt/bother the other person's eye due to the flash? Nice pics btw.

Scott Murray

Hey Scott, two questions. Does the raynox change the focusing distances? And did the closeup shot of the eye hurt/bother the other person's eye due to the flash? Nice pics btw.

Yes the Raynox does change the focusing distance on any lens it fits. Flash never hurt my mate, I had dulled down the flash quite a bit with extra diffusers.