Nikon 24mm 2.8D- Looking for some feedback from users please.

adamandbean

Hello,
I have a D7000 and am going to upgrade to a full size sensor in the next couple of years which is why I want to buy FX lenses. Is this lens nice? I would appreciate any feedback from users who have it.

Regards and thanks,

Adam

Fred Kingston

You can go to DXO's site and do research of lens optics using your camera... They're slowly adding lenses to the database... so you want to check back for added lenses that aren't listed... You can change and compare cameras to get a projection that suits your specific needs...

DxOMark - Nikon

Mark F

Hello,
I have a D7000 and am going to upgrade to a full size sensor in the next couple of years which is why I want to buy FX lenses. Is this lens nice? I would appreciate any feedback from users who have it.

Regards and thanks,

Adam
Its my to go to lens for landscape. optics are fantastic.. great color and contrast.
I also carry my tamron 17-35 and nikon 24-85. But for primes on FX... 24, 50. and 85 are nice to have.

aroy

The 28mm AIS is reported to be one of the sharpest wide angle lenses. If you are comfortable with manual focus try this one out.

Normally unless you are doing people shots a manual wide angle is sufficient, especially for landscapes where AF is not all that useful.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
The 28mm AIS is reported to be one of the sharpest wide angle lenses. If you are comfortable with manual focus try this one out.

Normally unless you are doing people shots a manual wide angle is sufficient, especially for landscapes where AF is not all that useful.

There are a couple of variations of the 28mm: f2.8 and f3.5. They are good for infrared photography; however, the OP was asking for 24mm.

Watoh

I'm either fussy or need to improve my techniques... as i am struggling to get sharp images with this lens. Maybe i'm just using it for the wrong type of shots. :(

EDIT: My mistake I have the 28mm 2.8/D...

Last edited: