Sensor Loupe

Ruidoso Bill

Curious how many own and use a sensor loupe? If you have one what type (brand) do you use and how often do yyou use it. Also along the same lines how many have done wet swab cleaning of their sensors?

ohkphoto

Snow White
I have a sensor loupe and I use it after I've changed lenses on the camera a couple of times. You'd be amazed at how much dust accumulate in the chamber. So you can get a lot of it off with some chamber cleaning swabs (foam tipped --do NOT use your average q-tips). I only do a wet clean if the dry methods don't get everything off --special swabs with special solution --swipe once to the left and once to the right. I like the Visible Dust products at B&H Photo.

I can't be without my cameras for a 1-2 weeks to send off for sensor cleaning. Not a problem to do yourself if you're careful and use the right products specifically designed for the task, but you definitely need a good loupe.

Best Regards

photobugjb

Yes I use a loupe, however I find that I do not get a lot of dust on my sensor or that the automatic cleaning function on my D-700 and D7K works. Yes I do change lenses a lot.
When I had the D-200 and D-300 I spent more time cleaning and also had to wet clean at least twice a year. I have never wet cleaned the D-700 or D7K.

Jack