Speedlight sb 910 problems.

JChandler

The first time I put the sb910 onto my D3100 it wouldn't lock. The next day it stayed on fine for a few hours while I took photos continuously. Then while changing lenses, it fell off and broke the red clear peice that is on front below the flash.

Q # 1- Has your speedlight not fit on correctly & fallen off?
Q# 2- Where can I get a replacement piece??

Thank you for any and all help!!

JChandler

The very first time I put it on, it would not lock in place. Thankfully the camera was on a table and I was holding the flash when it tried to fall back.

Yesterday I was able to lock it into place and used it for a couple of hours. Moving the camera in landscape and portrait. It seemed fine. Then while crouching down to chnages lenses it fell about 6 inches or so and the red see through plastic broke into a few pieces. The glass domes are exposed & I'm afraid to even use it anymore.

I haven't had any luck finding anywhere for a replacement for that piece.

Horoscope Fish

I haven't had any luck finding anywhere for a replacement for that piece.
You will probably need to send your SB-910 back to Nikon for repair. While I doubt Nikon would sell you the part you could always call and ask. More importantly, I'd want to know why the strobe is not attaching correctly to the camera to begin with!

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Q # 1- Has your speedlight not fit on correctly & fallen off?
Q# 2- Where can I get a replacement piece??
Thank you for any and all help!!

1. Yes. I dropped my SB 900 flash before and it dented the hotshoe mount. A little force using a needle nose pliers corrected the slight dent. Not as bad compared to what happen with yours.

2. Nikon service center. Create an account. This will not be covered under warranty since it is an impact damage.

Nikon Service and Repair