first time trying to shoot moving traffic

johnvosh

Here are a couple shots I took this morning, 6:50am of some traffic driving by on Hwy 16A. I used a 35mm 1.8 prime lens, full manual mode. Please let me know how I can approve the shots... I did take a few other shots from my balcony, but they didn't turn out that great. It is a quite hard to focus with no much light!

The first shot is at ISO-200, f/6.3, 13 second exposure time, Nikon D5100. The second shot is at ISO-200, f/8, 13 second exposure time

DSC 0011 par Johnvosh, on ipernity

DSC 0012 par Johnvosh, on ipernity

johnvosh

Nice shots,i know nothing about this subject but would have thought more traffic was needed.

mike

It would have been nice if there was more traffic, but on a Sunday before 7am there doesn't seem to be that much! I guess I'll have to try at night instead of the morning.

nikonpup

FOCUS: FOCUS ON A VERY DISTANT SUBJECT DURING THE DAY THEN MARK YOUR FOCUS RING. THIS WILL GIVE YOU AN INFINITY MARK TO USE DURING THE DARK. CHECK DOF TABLE @ THIS WEB SITE - Depth of Field Table IT WILL GIVE YOU AN IDEA WHAT WILL BE IN FOCUS USING THE INFINITY MARK FOR DIFFERENT F-STOPS.