so why no adjustable monitor display?

Slipperman

i had a feeling this was the case when i looked at it online but it was confirmed yesterday when i saw it at BestBuy. i would think something like that would come in handy regardless of the model. plus isn't the 7000 series the next step up from the 5100 which does have it? don't get it.

RON_RIP

I wonder if that is not more of a video tool. Did use my live view once, did not care for it. I quess I am old school enough to rely totally on my viewfinder.

The adjustable display is good for a lot of reasons besides video. I am old and have trouble getting on the ground for a low show but I can flip out the screen and point it up and get the camera down low and get that shot. Same for the shop when you are in a crowd and need to shoot over their heads point the screen down and hold it up high. I don't use it a lot but for those times you need it or just bit take the shot it is very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sandpatch

This was one of the deciding factors when I chose my D5100 over the D7000. Like Ron and Don, I don't commonly use the LCD, but its adjustability is nice to have when I want it and I very much like being able to stow the LCD side safely against the body so as to protect it from being scratched.

Camera Fun

In not having the adjustable screen, I haven't missed it. I can understand how it might be handy but I'm more of a view-finder person. It also seems like something that could end up getting hit & damaged when it's sticking out

Moab Man

D7000 shares the same sensor as the D5100 so other than functionality I'm not sure how much of an "upgrade" it would actually be. I do wish the D7100 had the D5100's rotating screen. It's not very often I ever use it on my D5100, but when I need it it is nice.