D7100 Program mode

DCB

I have been using a D40 (great camera!) and for general "point and shoot" I used program mode with auto ISO....in good lighting it takes great pics.

Fast forward now I have a D7100 and tried the same thing...not as good as the D40. It does not seem to like the setting I used to use.

Any ideas?

Love the camera, just checking to see if I am missing something.

​Peace

Horoscope Fish

Your post is a little vague. Any ideas about... What, exactly? If you'd like specific suggestions giving some information on specific issues you're having would be a big help because "...not as good as the D40", is a little hard to trouble-shoot.

Maybe post some of the pics you're not happy with, along with the EXIF data?

Mfrankfort

I went from a Canon t1i to a D600, and at first, and it wasn't as good until I got used to it. Then it was 100x better. Play around with it.

DCB

JPEG
Just comparing program to program mode. Without any adjustments I like the D40 a little better.
With all that the D7100 can do I'm sure it's just me...time to dig deeper into the manual.

​Peace

JPEG
Just comparing program to program mode. Without any adjustments I like the D40 a little better.
With all that the D7100 can do I'm sure it's just me...time to dig deeper into the manual.

​Peace

On the D5100 there are adjustments for sharpening, brightness and a number if other
things to set that can fine tune the JPEG mode that you really do need to set if you are going to shoot in JPEG at least make sure you are shooting in JPEG fine large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2