Problem with Lexar 32 GB 1000x CF card

crycocyon

So I never had any problems with my D800 before using a Lexar 32 GB 1000x SD card. I thought I would fill in that second CF slot with a nice card for wedding shooting and got the Lexar 32 GB 1000x CF card. Sooo, I set the primary card as CF and secondary as SD. During a long shoot, there are maybe a couple of times only when the camera just won't show an image. The little hourglass icon shows working but an image won't show up and I just turn off the camera, turn it on, it tries again for a few seconds then sometimes turn off/on again then it's ok. This is really frustrating to have invested in this card and I have this issue which doesn't occur that often but maybe in a shoot of 400 images maybe happens once mid-way through the shoot.

Has anyone experienced problems with CF cards on the D800 compared to the SD cards? I wonder if I just have a bum card but I bought it brand new, and I NEVER had the same problem with my SD card. Thanks for any input/ideas.

WayneF

I have seen the same problem a couple of times on the D800 with same 1000x Lexar Compact card. Very rarely, not the thousands of times, but only just a couple of times. The camera writing file goes blank for a long time (like maybe ten seconds?) and then completes OK, and OK next time. First time was when the 32GB card was virtually full. But I also saw it once later on an empty formatted card. I have no clue what it is.

Silven

I'm just writing to subscribe to this thread. I've been considering that exact card and I haven't been able to find much about it but it's write speed piqued my interest.

crycocyon

It is certainly faster than the SD card but still, a bit unnerving when on a photo shoot and suddenly it isn't accessing the card right away. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has seen it. Could just be an access issue related to QC of these particular cards. I'm tempted to try a different brand.