That's what these are called
Funny name for some funny flowers... yep, these are flowers :cower:

20130808-DSC_8926_WLP.jpg

20130808-DSC_8927_WLP.jpg

20130808-DSC_8929_WLP-2.jpg

20130808-DSC_8931_WLP-2.jpg

20130808-DSC_8932_WLP-2.jpg

20130808-DSC_8930_WLP.jpg

Native to Africa, America and Asia. Cockscomb flowers are also known as Wool Flowers or Brain Celosia, suggestive of a highly colored brain. The flowers belong to the amaranth family, Amaranthaceae. Cockscomb blooms with a compacted crested head 2-5 inches across, on leafy stems that are 12-28 inches long. The flower's name is suggestive of a rooster's comb. The Cockscomb flower blooms from late summer through late fall. The Celosia plant is an annual dicotyledon.

BackdoorArts

My grandmother had that growing all around our place growing up. Heck, she grew everything, including an ornamental from the hemp family that had friends thinking I had the coolest old grandmother around.

carguy

Native to Africa, America and Asia. Cockscomb flowers are also known as Wool Flowers or Brain Celosia, suggestive of a highly colored brain. The flowers belong to the amaranth family, Amaranthaceae. Cockscomb blooms with a compacted crested head 2-5 inches across, on leafy stems that are 12-28 inches long. The flower's name is suggestive of a rooster's comb. The Cockscomb flower blooms from late summer through late fall. The Celosia plant is an annual dicotyledon.
You have a super power of copy paste lol.
Interesting info, never knew this and those are some nice pics :cool:

mikew_RIP

Great shots,some look like coral and sea anemones,cant figure the spelling for the last one but you can guess what i mean.

mike