Should I get this?

Nero

Amazon.com: 52MM 0.43X Wide Angle High Definition Lens with Macro for NIKON D5200 D5100 D5000 D3200 D3100 D3000 + Premium MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth: Electronics

From what I can tell, it's something you attach to your regular lens which turns it into a wide-angle lens. You can also attach something to that attachment to make it a macro lens instead. I mean, you can't beat the price and the reviews are very positive. Just wondering what everyone here thinks. Has anyone here used something like this before?

Nero

That's what i thought too, so I went through all the reviews. One of them said he saw all the 5-stars, so he got it. He said that it was blurry around the edges but fine in the center. Someone then commented on that review saying that for the price compared to getting actual wide-angle and macro lenses, it's worth a dip in image quality.

nickt

I smell something fishy with all the five star reviews. If you click on the 'see all my reviews' link for the 4 and 5 star reviewers, you will see many only did that one review. Too many first time reviewers for me to believe they are real.

aroy

Amazon.com: 52MM 0.43X Wide Angle High Definition Lens with Macro for NIKON D5200 D5100 D5000 D3200 D3100 D3000 + Premium MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth: Electronics

From what I can tell, it's something you attach to your regular lens which turns it into a wide-angle lens. You can also attach something to that attachment to make it a macro lens instead. I mean, you can't beat the price and the reviews are very positive. Just wondering what everyone here thinks. Has anyone here used something like this before?

There were a lot of similar lens attachments of high quality in the manual focus era, but all of them cost sky high.

I do not think that this attachment will be of any use, after all when a decent UV filter will cost three times as much, how good do you think this attachment will be? Good optical glass is expensive and design costs are also high.

Nero

I guess it's unanimous. I'm glad I was skeptical enough to post it here.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk 4

slowpoke

If you want a wide angle lens,then you have to buy a wide angle lens.Your photos deserve the best.Check out Kijiji.I picked up my Tokina 11-16mm ultra wide angle lens for $375.00 with shipping. The gentleman who owned it treated it very well.I love this lens.
Good Luck;)

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I guess it's unanimous. I'm glad I was skeptical enough to post it here.

Just be mindful of the comments and reviews that are posted on Amazon.com since you don't know the level of expertise of that person who's doing the review or posting the comments. You get various comments from poor customer service, poor packaging, item used being sold as new, lens is too heavy, lens is too expensive, etc.

Like what the general consensus mentioned, stay away from these types of products. It might work for video but don't expect great quality or performance from it.

Nero

Your profile says you're in Canada. It's a big country....whereabouts exactly? :)
Ontario.

Just be mindful of the comments and reviews that are posted on Amazon.com since you don't know the level of expertise of that person who's doing the review or posting the comments. You get various comments from poor customer service, poor packaging, item used being sold as new, lens is too heavy, lens is too expensive, etc.

Like what the general consensus mentioned, stay away from these types of products. It might work for video but don't expect great quality or performance from it.

Yeah, I had my suspicions especially when it came to the price. Despite all the great reviews.