Green Tree Ant

Scott Murray

What are your thoughts regarding this Green Tree Ant?

ISO 100
f/16
1/125sec

My intent with this photo was to highlight the protective nature of Green Tree Ants, this was done by a "quick" gentle prod of a nest which they were buidling. The nests are built with leaves and held together by a glue substance which comes out of the ants butt. I have purposely made the photo contrasty.
Green Tree Ant.jpg

Attachments

• SHM_2358.jpg
    SHM_2358.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

mikew_RIP

Think you achieved your aim,shows the aggressive/protective nature of the ant and in that position DOF was always going to be limited but you got the sharpness in the right area.
mike

WhiteLight

It's a neat shot... a difficult one too cos the ant is actually present in 2 different axes
You could've gotten only one part of the body in focus for that reason unless of course the ant stayed stationary in one position which really doesn't happen.
Colors & focus is great

Scott Murray

Think you achieved your aim,shows the aggressive/protective nature of the ant and in that position DOF was always going to be limited but you got the sharpness in the right area.
mike

Thanks Mike.

It's a neat shot... a difficult one too cos the ant is actually present in 2 different axes
You could've gotten only one part of the body in focus for that reason unless of course the ant stayed stationary in one position which really doesn't happen.
Colors & focus is great

I think I am going to redo this during daylight where I can fire a series of bursts off with only the LED ring light. I am hoping that I can stack them if the ant stays still LOL