Hello from Arizona

zona58

This looks like a good place to start again.

Right out of high school I got a job with a publisher and because of my interest in photography in school soon found my self in their art department. It was a smallish company at first so we built a darkroom and started taking our own product shots for simple advertisments, and it grew from there. I jumped up to the Nikon F2, then the company threw a Mamiya 645 in the mix (have I dated myself yet?) Pretty involved in all that for 17 years but time marched on, things changed and my film photography got put on a shelf.

Jump forward to 2013 and I have decided to set aside the little Sony point and shoot that my wife uses and get back into the fray and see what shakes out. I took just a careful jump and bought a Nikon D5200 to start with so will be an eager learner of this digital age. That said, I have little experience outside the little point and shoot that I mentioned and zero with the photo manipulations that can be done with computer programs.

James

RockyNH_RIP

Welcome to Nikonites!! Pull up a chair and get aquainted! I have the 5100 and recently the 7100. Your 5200 has some great capability so have fun learning it!

Pat in NH

zona58

Thanks Mike. Wow, the U.K., this is a BIG place.

We mostly worked with B&W so we could keep it in house in the beginning, but as the company got bigger and bigger, their needs did also soon outgrowing our little grass roots photography effort.

This should be interesting, I have become quite the information sponge as there is certainly a lot to take in.

James