Liverpool, NSW
Nikon D90
Nikon 50mm F1.8
Stitched vertically from 5 frames
Handheld

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Interesting - I wouldn't have even thought to take that shot with a 50mm lens. If I took the same pic it would've came out all distorted trying to use something below 20mm to get the entire building in one shot. The method you used definitely suits the building.

Ranie

Jdeg - I took that with the 50 because that's the only lens I brought yesterday. Actually, I planned to shoot candles and some candle workers in a small candle factory near our place. I choose to use the 50 for some bokeh and low light shots. Unfortunately, the candle factory closed already. Going home, I passed by this church. Actually, it was the Hummer that attracted my attention. I wanted to frame the Hummer and the church together, but I'm limited with the focal length of the 50, so there I decided to make a Ventorama.
I tried making Ventorama with a wide angle lens before and had a hard time fixing distortions. This is the first time I used the 50 and the distortion is not that much.

Helene - I used PTGui (Photo stitching software 360 degree Panorama image software - PTGui) as recommended by the people on the Vertorama group in Flickr. (Flickr: Vertoramas). I still have a lot to learn how to fully utilize this program. It even has HDR capability which I have not tried yet.

Minor straightening and distortion correction was done thru Photoshop CS3.

Last edited by a moderator:

ohkphoto

Snow White
Ranie, you are so talented. I enjoy all of your posts and always look forward to your photos because they inspire me to be a better photographer.

Thank you for all the info . . . one more photo task to try . . . my photography "bucket list".

Best Regards

Ranie

Ranie, you are so talented. I enjoy all of your posts and always look forward to your photos because they inspire me to be a better photographer.

Thank you for all the info . . . one more photo task to try . . . my photography "bucket list".

Best Regards

Thanks Helene. Just trying a lot of things. Oh by the way, what do you mean by "my photography bucket list" :)