Apple

Scott Murray

I dont normally ask for critique but seeing as its very quiet here at work and I am snapping away at anything I thought I would post a photo that I just took and I personally quite like it, but I am always up for feedback and ideas.

SHM_1369.jpg

Nathan Lanni

Doesn't do much for me, but more than likely because my left brain can't divorce the object as art from the object's function. Wonder if it's even a photograph or a PS creation?

Last edited:

Scott Murray

Doesn't do much for me, but more than likely because my left brain can't divorce the object as art from the object's function. Wonder if it's even a photograph or a PS creation?

I just took this photo, its of my magic mouse ontop of my 17in MBP, and I only edited it in LR5. So its not a PS creation.

Nathan Lanni

I just took this photo, its of my magic mouse ontop of my 17in MBP, and I only edited it in LR5. So its not a PS creation.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend - didn't know it was your work.

It has that very polished high contrast artsy look of adds you often see in magazines, so I thought it was an official Apple photo that you acquired.

Last edited:

Scott Murray

Sorry, didn't mean to offend - didn't know it was your work.

It has that very polished high contrast artsy look of adds you often see in magazines, so I thought it was an official Apple photo that you acquired.
No offence taken, I read that if you mistook it for an official Apple photo then I have done something right ;) cheers mate.

Nathan Lanni

Yes, that's what I was hoping to communicate to you - I thought it was a official product photo.

I tend to be very left brain, so it's a struggle at times to see art purely for art's sake.

Last edited:

Scott Murray

Well its basically exactly the same shooting setup I use for my insect/spider macros.
​LED ring light and onboard flash, Tamron 90mm Macro, f/11, 1/200sec, ISO 3200, handheld on office desk.

Moab Man

As the number one hater and admirer of anything Apple; I won't hold it against you. However, I do like the photo. It has an alianish glow effect.