N00b alert

pleiad7

Greetings, Nikonites... my name is Silke and this is my first post here. My husband (Essence of Imagery) is already a pretty active member here and he's been bugging me to sign up for some time, so here I am with my craptastic D80. ;) I enjoy shooting landscapes, cars, and action/sports, but also work together with hubby on weddings and occasionally assist him with model shoots. Looking forward to spending some time here.

Joseph Bautsch

Hello Silke glad you decided to join the Nikonites Community. One of my wife's favorites expressions is that behind every good man is an even better woman. The D80 does a good job. I shot with one for over two years. It's not the camera that takes pictures, it's the person using it. Welcome aboard.

Carolina Photo Guy

I am glad you are here! As far as I am aware, you are the first husband and wife couple here.
I do have a question though.

If he is the Essence of Imagery, are YOU the Existence of Imagery?

In case you have not noticed, I am the Smart-A** of the group.

Again, glad to make your acquaintance.

Pete

Ruidoso Bill

I am glad you are here! As far as I am aware, you are the first husband and wife couple here.

In case you have not noticed, I am the Smart-A** of the group.

Again, glad to make your acquaintance.

Pete

Naw, your kidding right...

pleiad7

Thanks for the warm welcome!

The D80 does a good job. I shot with one for over two years. It's not the camera that takes pictures, it's the person using it. Welcome aboard.

I agree, it gets the job done. I generally get good results with it, and I like the controls better than my husband's D300. My one big disappointment with the D80 is with taking long exposure night shots in bulb mode... holy purple amp glow, batman! But that's a rant for another day...

If anything, I'm the Absence of Imagery. ;) I really need to pick up my camera more often... Maybe this forum will inspire me to do so!

ohkphoto

Snow White
Hi, Silke, and welcome to the forum. I admire your husband's work and he has posted at least one of yours (the SF skyline in BW) which is exceptional!

I know we'll enjoy you as much as we enjoy him!

Best Regards

<waking up with sleepy eyes after a long night up> Yawn!!

Oh, hey honey! Glad to see you finally made it here. I've been restraining myself from showing off too much of your work, but now that you have five posts, you can start sharing with these wonderful photographers.