ebay product photography

carguy

I'm stepping up my ebay product photography using my new found skills.

Here are two shots I took this past weekned.

Used a white paper background (4' roll)
SB-24 through an umbrella on camera right
43" reflector on camera left
Sb-24 on the floor, camera left, to washout shadows from the speedlight
fired by Pocketwizard

Nikon D40
50mm 1.8G

1/160
f 9.0
​50mm
ISO 200

Velbon Videomate I by MichiganClassics.com, on Flickr

Velbon Videomate I by MichiganClassics.com, on Flickr

STM

Very good photos for Fleabay. Many people don't quite grasp the fact that crappy photos taken with your cell phone are NOT going to get your items sold. The better the photos of the object of the auction, the greater the condifdence level the buyer will have and the less reluctance they will have to bid on your item.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Nicely done! :D So will you let us know if and when your new found skills produce a sale? :)

Browncoat

Looks pretty good! Product photography is a lot more tricky than most people realize. If you can photograph a rounded chrome object, have it be well-lit without getting your reflection in the surface...that's about the most difficult thing there is.

There are couple of issues here, a couple of kinks to work out...

1) There needs to be more lighting. The product itself is a little flat on the right, while the left side is blown out in a few spots. The backdrop also needs more light. It's difficult to photograph pure white and not have it get a little grey in the corners.

2) Dust. I see lots of it. Gotta make sure that product is free of fingerprints and dust!

Keep up the good work, sir!

carguy

Very good photos for Fleabay. Many people don't quite grasp the fact that crappy photos taken with your cell phone are NOT going to get your items sold. The better the photos of the object of the auction, the greater the condifdence level the buyer will have and the less reluctance they will have to bid on your item.

Agreed. I've been selling since 99. Grown quite a bit over the years.

Tapp'n on the go

carguy

Looks pretty good! Product photography is a lot more tricky than most people realize. If you can photograph a rounded chrome object, have it be well-lit without getting your reflection in the surface...that's about the most difficult thing there is.

There are couple of issues here, a couple of kinks to work out...

1) There needs to be more lighting. The product itself is a little flat on the right, while the left side is blown out in a few spots. The backdrop also needs more light. It's difficult to photograph pure white and not have it get a little grey in the corners.

2) Dust. I see lots of it. Gotta make sure that product is free of fingerprints and dust!

Keep up the good work, sir!

Thank you!

Agreed about the dust. Saw that during post (crop & jpg conversion only). Damn me for taking clear images :)

Tapp'n on the go

Browncoat

Yeah, I'm being picky, but I approach these things as if I took the photos myself and I'm very critical of the work I do. I've been toying around with product and food photography lately and it can be a real pain.

​Try photographing a toaster if you're looking to burn a whole Saturday in endless frustration. OMG.

carguy

Yeah, I'm being picky, but I approach these things as if I took the photos myself and I'm very critical of the work I do. I've been toying around with product and food photography lately and it can be a real pain.

​Try photographing a toaster if you're looking to burn a whole Saturday in endless frustration. OMG.

I imagine lol

Tapp'n on the go