How long do you say for delivering the images?

Scott Murray

Yeah all depends I normally say 3 days to a week depending on the number of photos and whats expected. I have created photo albums/books in this time period aswell.

wud

I am really trying to do it as fast as possible, of course! But this weekend I did both a wedding and 2 kids (kids were at the same time), I got a wedding from last week which gives me a hard time post processing (my first, so did a few silly things, but they are totally okay with waiting) and now I am doing newborn tomorrow (to try it out, so no charge) - and then normal job from wednesday + taking care of my own dogs. I dont understand how anyone has time for doing this for a living?!

Well, I was hoping you were gonna say 2 weeks, lol.

wud

I am starting to wonder, if its because I use so many different sourroundings for each shooting. I almost never give more than 2 shots in the same surroundings. I will for the wedding pictures, but we did the portraits 4 different places (not far between the places). So a lot of the post processing are different, because the light and all are different.

Browncoat

I am really trying to do it as fast as possible, of course! But this weekend I did both a wedding and 2 kids (kids were at the same time), I got a wedding from last week which gives me a hard time post processing (my first, so did a few silly things, but they are totally okay with waiting) and now I am doing newborn tomorrow (to try it out, so no charge) - and then normal job from wednesday + taking care of my own dogs. I dont understand how anyone has time for doing this for a living?!

Well, I was hoping you were gonna say 2 weeks, lol.

Me personally, I always tell clients 2 weeks. I was just making a generalization in my first reply in this thread. I think most people expect 1-2 weeks for a regular photo shoot. Ultimately, it depends on how many photos you have to go through and how streamlined your workflow is. Not to mention how much you're able to get right in-camera in the first place.

My clients have their photos delivered in 7-10 days or less. For weddings, 30 days.

You'll figure out how much you can handle. It all starts with getting sessions under your belt and documenting how long they take, and how many photos you typically get in that time frame.