Plane Photos

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Flying back from a trade show in Vegas last night. Had an empty row to myself, a window seat, my camera and sunset. First time trying this from an airplane. I'd love some feedback. All images taken with a D300 and Nikkor 17-55. Post in LR where frames were added.

Plane_Framed_1.jpg

Plane_Framed_2.jpg

Plane_Framed_3.jpg

Carolina Photo Guy

The first picture is my favorite of all three. There seems to be a narrow band of sunlight cutting across the lower third. Personally, I would reduce the exposure and kick the contrast just a couple of notches to further accent that band of light area. Other than that, all three of the shots are beautiful. And my suggested changes are strictly minor.
Kinda like the difference between NoSalt and real salt.

As John Wayne used to say...

"Nice shootin' Tex!"

Pete

Joseph Bautsch

Eduard, very good shots. Where were you sitting? The only thing I have ever seen looking out a airplane window is a wing with not a lot of view of the ground.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Pete: Thanks for the comments. I see what you mean with darkening the image. . . . I'll play around with that.

Joseph: Thanks! I was two rows forward of the wing on an Airbus A321.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Hi, Eduard!
I've missed seeing your photos lately. So glad you're posting.

All three are great, especially considering they were taken from a plane. My favorite is the third. I like the sunset glow on the mountains and the graceful arch the mountain range makes through the photo. Also, the cloudy mist adds mystery. I would just try to up the exposure a tad without blowing out the glow, perhaps cut back on the contrast some.
Great job.

Best Regards

Ruidoso Bill

I also like the third one the best, love the light hitting the left side of the mountains, gives you a real feel for the difference in elevation, almost 3D.

fotojack

Yup, that's my favourite, too....the third one...and for all the same reasons that Bill and Helene gave. Great shots, Eduard. :) You're gettin' pretty good at this. ;)

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Yup, that's my favourite, too....the third one...and for all the same reasons that Bill and Helene gave. Great shots, Eduard. :) You're gettin' pretty good at this. ;)

Thanks for the comments Jack. It IS nice when what you see in your mind is what you capture. :)

This shot was from a few minutes before the third one above and gives a wider perspective. The difference between the cloud cover and direct light is astounding.

Plane_Framed_4.jpg