NC / UV filter for Nikon P7700

nileshu

Hi,

I want to by Nikon P7700.

I am concerned about the lens getting spoiled, hence I was thinking of buying a separate filter 40.5 mm UV / NC filter.

My question is - Once I fix this filter on the lens, does the filter move with the lens during optical zoom in / out i.e. as the lens moves forward / retracts. Basically, I am trying to find out that the filter can be fitted in such a way that the camera can be used in all possible ways and I don't want to buy another set of lens tubes etc to complicate the things.

My home town does not have authorized Nikon center, hence it is difficult for me to find out.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,
Nilesh

williamcrane

Hi,

I want to by Nikon P7700.

I am concerned about the lens getting spoiled, hence I was thinking of buying a separate filter 40.5 mm UV / NC filter.

My question is - Once I fix this filter on the lens, does the filter move with the lens during optical zoom in / out i.e. as the lens moves forward / retracts. Basically, I am trying to find out that the filter can be fitted in such a way that the camera can be used in all possible ways and I don't want to buy another set of lens tubes etc to complicate the things.

My home town does not have authorized Nikon center, hence it is difficult for me to find out.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,
Nilesh
If you're asking if the lens rotates while zooming, it does not. You can put a graduated ND or polarizing filter on and zoom in without having to fiddle with it after zooming. Nikon's NC filter is an inexpensive way of protecting the lens. I have one on mine. Also, Rainbowimaging makes an all metal lens hood which will offer more protection. Amazon.com: Rainbowimaging Lens Hood replaces Nikon HN-CP17 for Nikon Coolpix P7700 P7800 Camera: Camera & Photo