Nikon D90 vs Nikon D5200

rubelfa

I am new in photography and i want to buy a new camera. But i am very confuse to buy a good camera. Can any one tell me please Which camera will be best for this two""Nikon D5200 vs Nikon D90"" for wedding Photography.

nickt

The D5200 is a much newer model. The D90 is a quite different user interface though. That may appeal to some. More direct access to many settings with buttons and front command wheel rather than going into menus. It has a top lcd display so you can instantly see what your most important settings are set at. The d90 also contains a focus motor so older lenses are still supported. If you like the d90 user interface, the d7000 and d7100 are similar and newer and it is more fair to compare them to the d5200. You mention weddings, you may like the more direct controls of the d90 or d7x00 to quickly change settings, focus modes, etc.

nickt

I am not experienced enough to say the d90 is better for weddings. This is just a fun hobby for me. I have a d7000 and I love the direct controls and for me it would be a 'must have' interface for any photography. People have described the the d90 and d7000 as having more professional controls. You could download the manuals and compare for yourself. You are comparing 2 cameras that are similar in price but different features. One has a better sensor and better low light performance, etc and the other has a very popular interface that may be helpful in wedding photography, but is has an older sensor. So it is hard to say what is best for you.

mauckcg

No one will be able to tell you which one is better for wedding photography. What type of camera and settings that works for one person might not work for somebody else.

The D90 came out in 2008. At this point it is several sensor/processor generations behind the D5200, and it is a different style body too.

I love my D5200, but I bought it for racing and aircraft photography, not portraiture.

seaviews

I have just changed from my beloved D90 to the D5200 and so am now very used to one and getting used to the other.

If I were going to do wedding shoots often, then I would definitely opt for theD90, assuming I had the right mix of lenses and flash system. Main reason would be that I think the D90 is gonna be quicker at setting up scenes than the 5200, is more robust and more 'professional' looking. The addition of a built-in motor drive on the D90 makes it cheaper to get and use older high quality lenses capable then of auto-focusing.

The 5200 for my needs is likely to be better because I don't need to react quickly to catch that special moment and the flip out screen makes it easier to do low level shots, as I am getting older and can't up as easy as I used to do.

Regards

Patrick