Don't know what to get

jazman444

sorry to bring this thing back,
but i did end up getting the 35mm fixed lens and im kinda iffy on it. I like the speed of it, i just dont like how i cant get any close to the action with it.
I mean its good for the money. You get what you pay for.

And Im thinkin about getting the sb-600 speedlight.

ZakSaenzPhotography

Re: Dont know what to get...

sorry to bring this thing back,
but i did end up getting the 35mm fixed lens and im kinda iffy on it. I like the speed of it, i just dont like how i cant get any close to the action with it.
I mean its good for the money. You get what you pay for.

And Im thinkin about getting the sb-600 speedlight.

You need a zoom but with the ability to shoot at f2.8 I would look at this AF001N700 Tamron 70 - 200mm f/2.8 DI LD (IF) Macro, Fast AF Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon AF Mount - USA Warranty You need the right lens for the job and this would be it.

Zak

Ranie

elkman

Re: Dont know what to get...

With my 55-300mm, I have been able to shoot volleyball and basketball with very good results. Ken Rockwell mentioned this lens is slow in AF. Just have to anticipate the action. I cannot complain one bit. Even when cropping in, photos are still sharp.

Joseph Bautsch

Elkman, you are absolutely correct. Talk about slow focusing, I use to shoot college football games with a 2 1/4"x2 1/4" twin lens reflex, (standard lens), where you had to turn a knob on the side of the camera to focus it. You learn to plan the shot and anticipate where the action is going to be or get nothing. Unfortunately many photographers today don't learn to do this. They set the shutter release on high speed, press the button and pray. Technology is great but it also can rob the photographer of developing his own abilities and talents.