Mustang

Scott Murray

Hi guys can you provide some feedback regarding this car photo.

Date Time Original2013:09:13 13:05:02
Exposure Time1/320
F Numberf / 22
Exposure ProgramAperture priority
ISO Speed Ratings800
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length90mm
White BalanceAuto white balance
MakeNIKON CORPORATION
ModelNIKON D800E
LensInfo900/10 900/10 28/10 28/10
LensModel90.0 mm f/2.8
Lens90.0 mm f/2.8

SHM_1107.jpg

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

I'm in the "I want to see the entire car in focus" camp as well, but when you cut something like this with thin DoF then I want the thing that's in focus to really grab and hold my attention, and there's nothing here that does - it's just the front of the car. If there was something particularly interesting on the grill or front fender then it might work, but as is it doesn't. At least for me.

Scott Murray

Cheers guys, I wasn't real sure about the thin focus on the car and actually have another thats a smaller aperture but I have cut the backend of the car off.

​This was shot at f/54

SHM_1106.jpg

Browncoat

Yep, definitely need to adjust DoF so the whole car is in focus. Is that the 90mm macro lens? You've already got the aperture jacked up unnecessarily high (f/18-f/22 should be plenty), so adjust the distance from the lens to the car.

Scott Murray

Yep, definitely need to adjust DoF so the whole car is in focus. Is that the 90mm macro lens? You've already got the aperture jacked up unnecessarily high (f/18-f/22 should be plenty), so adjust the distance from the lens to the car.

I think I will experiment with focus stacking when I get home next week.