Tropical Garden

premc44

This is from an island off the west coast of Norway with a tropical garden. Comments are welcome.

Attachments

• Flor Fjaere2-final.jpg
    Flor Fjaere2-final.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 155

fotojack

Well.....it's nice, but.........if that tree in the left front foreground wasn't there, it would be much more interesting. I find it too busy all over to focus on anything in particular. Perhaps if it was shot from a different angle it would look better. Just my humble opinion.

Joseph Bautsch

Very good exposure. It looks like you used a CPL to get the color, not sure, you did not include any EXIF data. Jack is correct, you have a lot of good composition elements in the shot but that is the problem, there are too many. Too many elements make for confusion. The eye can't focus on any one element as the subject. Jodie Coston has a very good article on composition which is quite good. It's recommended reading even for the advanced amateur photographer.

Jodie Coston: Lesson 1 - MorgueFile

premc44

Thank you folks for your comments. The exif data is Camera: NIkon D80. AF Nikkor 17-35 f3.5-4.5 lens used. Shot at 28 mm, f3.5, 1/500 shutter speed, Nikon 77 mm CPL was used. This picture was taken almost two years back and since then, I have improved my overall experience, thanks to forums like Nikonites and Nikonians and guys like you with very constructive criticism.

ohkphoto

Snow White
I find it too busy all over to focus on anything in particular.

That pretty much says it . . . I agree. Colors are nice, but your more recent photos are so much better! Shows how much you've grown as a photographer! Keep up your good work!

Best Regards