D7100 and looking for discount website

Looking to get a Nikon D7100 and found a website several years ago I forgot what the URL was, but it had discount camera packages, (like super off retail price)- it wasn't BuyDig.com but something similar. They always had closeout sales and the site was red black and grey if I remember correctly? Anyone have any idea what website I'm talking about? I should have written it down but I forgot. :/ Am considering getting it from Ajrichies, but have heard bad reviews on them from Google, and some good reviews so I just don't know.. wanting body only btw.

mikeh32217

I bought a D7000 and Nikon 16-80 refurb from Cameta and am more than happy with the both. They were considerably cheaper that Adorama or B&H.

on here I am getting some good reviews and bad ones.. *sigh*... Ajrichies.com Reviews - ajrichies.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings I don't know which to even believe, I have less than 1K to spend (unless I save a few more months) so was trying to find it cheap like AJrichies has it for.. some people are saying they are great and they'd order from them over and over (from recently) aand other reviews say never order from them etc.. ugh.

nickt

Be careful of super great deals. There's usually a catch. Check prices at B&H, Adorama, Cameta, Amazon, Best Buy. These are not the only reputable dealers, but you will get a feel for the current prices. Anything considerably cheaper should be a red flag. Refurbs from B&H, Adorama and Cameta can be great deals.

The really super deals never pan out. Item will be out of stock or doesn't include a battery or charger. Or the price is padded up and a lot of useless junk is included to make it sound good. These places will look to get you on the phone to 'verify' your order and then try to up-sell you or let you know that no battery or charger is included. If you hold firm, the item you really want will suddenly be out of stock. Make sure whoever you buy from is an authorized Nikon dealer or you may not have a real warranty.

nickt

I'm looking at bestpricephoto.com ... I searched for d7100.... The first thing I see is body only USA kit $1499.99, $350 higher than B&H. Note the 'USA kit'.

The next camera I see is the d7100 with 18-105 for $1099.99 for $350 cheaper than B&H. Note that it does not say 'USA kit' which means no warranty or service in the US.

https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/331/~/what-is-gray-market?

I just saw the Abe's link's you posted. Same situation.

nickt

Cameta is cheaper than Ajrichies
New D7100 body at Ajrichies is $1,299.99 vs Cameta at $1,149.00

Unless you buy grey market at Ajrichies and then you run into the problem of not being able to get it serviced by Nikon

mikeh32217

I did quite a bit of checking before buying mine and Cameta was by far the best deal of the legit companies.
Initially I had some problems with PayPal and my credit card, because I moved to SC and my info wasn't up to date and they helped me straighten things out.