Nikon versus Canon

Horoscope Fish

Re: Nikon verus Canon

​Do Canon DSLR cameras have similar issues with oil spots, and focusing as Nikon's latest bodies?

No, but certain Canon DSLR bodies have been known to rise up and piss in their owners breakfast cereal. Canon customer-service reps point to the use of non-approved SD cards but nobody's buying it.

SkvLTD

New models + random-ish QC issues sounds rather typical regardless of manufacturer.

My Cannon is my 70-300VR Nikkor. lol

MarkStig

I've owned two Canons prior to my D610. I never had a problem with either of them. I wanted a full frame DSLR, looked at the 6D but the Nikon had more features.

cadomniel

Why does it always has to be Nikon vs. Canon? Why not Nikon AND Canon ? ?? :p

Can't they coexist peacefully :p

If I did a lot of video work I would consider getting a 70D just for the superior video capabilities.

Nathan Lanni

Why does it always has to be Nikon vs. Canon? Why not Nikon AND Canon ? ?? :p

Can't they coexist peacefully :p

If I did a lot of video work I would consider getting a 70D just for the superior video capabilities.

Maybe some people can afford to own both, but buying lenses tends to be a major fork in the road. ;)

The 70d autofocus during Liveview is attractive, but I bet Nikon will address it. Overall Nikon has a number of advantages for me, like being able to use older lenses.

fiVe

I've owned two Canons prior to my D610. I never had a problem with either of them. I wanted a full frame DSLR, looked at the 6D but the Nikon had more features.

My situation is similar. I wanted to upgrade from an older Canon crop body to full frame. Never had a problem with the T1i and I looked at the Canon 6D and 5D3, but felt the D610 was the best deal for the money.

R/fiVe