Father and son portrait

Dave_W

The Dude
Taken at the Whitefish farmers market 8-27-13

_DW14028-psFx-BW-ShrpD-2.jpg

Last edited:

Dave_W

The Dude
I gave them my card and told them to write. Hopefully they will. I wanted to get the mother in the portrait too, but she was working a booth and had to leave. She had waist long dreads and the combination of her and these other two would have been awesome...but you gotta go with what you're given, I suppose.

Dave_W

The Dude
Great photo, they look like each other. You can really see it.

However Dave, I must point out your age. You want them to ”write?” Not sure they knew what that meant. No one WRITES anymore lol :)

Ha ha ha!! To be sure I meant email. My only concern now is whether or not they have the internet in a "van down by the river"!!!

BackdoorArts

For me, the expression on the child and father's faces have such a similarity that it's as if they are twin souls separated by a generation. The wispy blond hair of the child matches the father's, but could just as likely match the grandfather's or great-grandfather's down to the hairline. It's not just father and son but it's like it captures generations before and after in a timeless way. I've been thinking about it since I first saw it last week and it keeps coming down to that. Love the photo, Dave.