NX2 transfer to windows

jackass

Good morning from africa. How do I transfer photo's from NX 2 to windows photo gallery and vice versa. Thanks for any guidance.

nickt

I don't have a lot of specific advice. I seldom use nx2 and never use Windows Photo Gallery. But I just opened photo gallery for the first time and I found all my pictures from the navigator pane.

In general, pictures are not located IN a particular photo organizer or editor. They are on your hard drive and the photo software merely displays them to you in an organized manner. Photo programs usually automatically find them and display them on their own although you might just need to navigate within the photo program to the proper location. On some programs, you need to do an import (like Lightroom). On other programs, you may need to tell the software what folders to monitor.

NX2 and Photo Gallery are of the 'navigator' style, if there are any photos on your hard drive, either program should display them when you navigate to that location. It helps if whatever you use to get the pictures off the camera puts them in a dated sub folder under My Pictures. Then they are easier to find.

If you process raw files, I'm not sure if one program will recognize edits applied by another program. If that is the case, you need to export the raw file as a standard type. A tiff file would be good if you plan further edits.

There might be an online gallery component to Windows Photo Gallery. I don't know if there is. It did ask me to sign in to something and I canceled. If you did have photos stored only online, they would not be available to NX2. Download them to your computer to a known location to find them with NX2.

patrick in memphis

its not a transfer ,when you load them into the pc to use in nx2 you create a file. to use gallery you simply navigate to that file .i import using windows live gallery as primary then navigate nx2 to it.

jackass

Thanks Nickt and Patrick, I need to rephrase my question having discovered that my problem is in fact that when I transfer from the camera to windows the foto's don't go to windows gallery they go into NX2 hence my inane attempts to transfer from NX2 back to windows. The question now is, why is the camera not sending it direct to windows and I have a feeling there is a blatantly obvious answer to this. Hopefully you can help. thanks

nickt

Thanks Nickt and Patrick, I need to rephrase my question having discovered that my problem is in fact that when I transfer from the camera to windows the foto's don't go to windows gallery they go into NX2 hence my inane attempts to transfer from NX2 back to windows. The question now is, why is the camera not sending it direct to windows and I have a feeling there is a blatantly obvious answer to this. Hopefully you can help. thanks
Its the same question. re-read my post #2. If the pictures transfered, which it sounds like they did... they are on your computer. It does not matter what program did the transfer. You need to find them. They are not 'in' any program. They are on your hard drive.

If you are seeing the pictures in nx2, you can easily see exactly where the photos are stored on your hard drive by looking at the navigation pane on the left. You need to navigate windows gallery to that same location and you should see the pictures.

patrick in memphis

lol ok when you hook up cam or put memory card in pc .the pc will ask what program you want to open the files with pics.I always use open with windows live gallery.that way whether i shoot in raw or jpeg they are easy to find.then in view nx2 i find the folder that windows live gallery made it is user specifiable i put family/jpegs in public pics so my wife can access them easily and i put all my others in my pictures(everything goes by my default to public then i just move my pics manually to my pics)an easy way to find any picture is if you know the file type i.e. jpeg,nef(raw),bitmap is click on your windows icon in the lower corner then put the file type i.e. .jpeg or .nef and hit enter it may take a minute but it will find them then right click one and scroll down to properties and it will tell you what file they were put in...

jackass

Hi Patrick, when I hook up the cam to the pc it offers me two alternatives, I can send the pictures to either windows gallery or NX2. I then choose windows gallery and thats where the problem starts . The pics don't go to windows, they go straight to NX2. So regardless of where I designate them, they end up in NX2