new 40mm nikkor micro lens!

bechdan

I've been trying out a few lenses recently, as some of you may have noticed. My latest and so far most amazing purchase has been the F2.8 40mm micro Nikkor lens.
It arrived a few minutes before I was heading out to visit my parents, so I've been taking a few shots and I'm very impressed.
I've not tried any close up macro shots yet as I didn't take my +10 Opteka close up filter with me, but providing the weather is favourable and there are some more insects around I will be out again tomorrow.
I've mostly taken pics of flowers but I did take a few general scenery shots with it, too. It's a little different field of view to what I'm used to and its focal plane is, too, but it's sooooo sharp it makes me smile when zooming in on the PC afterwards.
The ammano shrimp are about 1.5 inches long and seem to be clutching some kind of mystic orb.

Click to enlarge pics

drops2_zps595aa629.jpg

pink6_zps17b43770.jpg

pink2_zpse7641e55.jpg

white2_zps52df1eaa.jpg

lisa1_zps2a65873e.jpg

plums_zpsb96a6ae0.jpg

shrimp3_zps843690a2.jpg

quarry_zpsa59a835b.jpg

garagelock_zps949bb959.jpg

gateway_zps8ef2a87d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bechdan

nice, whats the dryland looking green shrimp??

dryland? as said in the original text
The ammano shrimp are about 1.5 inches long and seem to be clutching some kind of mystic orb.

its in the 100gal tropical tank I set up for my parents, I used to have a 400gal but It was too big. I used to have loads of shrimp, they are fun to watch

bechdan

I managed to get out between showers, just took a few quick ones of my usual willing subjects, this is the 40mm f2.8 micro with a +10 close up lens
Both are cropped and edited. It was fun playing with a manual lens and estension tubes etc but having a proper macro lens is so much easier. Ill just have to dream about getting a 105mm macro lens, but for now, this is fun.
Wasps eating my apples are about 2cm long, click for bigger.

waspmicro_zps5e1ef315.jpg

waspmicro2_zps7ca3e726.jpg