Hey

Raven

I'm Raven...I am the proud owner of a Nikon D90... Honestly, I barely know how to use it:eek:. I like taking pictures and it was a gift so I am just getting started....I hope to be able to take great pictures some day...

PhotoAV8R

Welcome to the forum, Raven! There are many knowledgeable members here and all are willing to share.

The best way to learn is to do.

Ruidoso Bill

Hello Raven and welcome to Nikonites. I hope you enjoy the site and find it useful in growing with that D90. Don't ever be afraid to ask questions and jump in on the discussions. Don't forget to fill out your profile.

Last edited:

Curt

Hello Raven and welcome to the site.
I will give you the same advice I give every newbie…..lol.
Read the manual cover to cover, and go out and get yourself a Bluecrane digital video on the D90. Taking great photos starts with knowing what your camera can do, or better still, what you can do with your camera. Then just get out there and shoot anything and everything. That’s the beauty of digital; you can shoot to your hearts content.

Last edited by a moderator:

ohkphoto

Snow White
Hello and welcome to the forum, Raven! Great people with great info here. Best way to learn is start shooting, join in the discussions and start posting . I'm looking forward to seeing your photos!

Best Regards

Joseph Bautsch

Hello Raven and welcome to the Nikonites Community. And I will second the recommendation about completing your profile. It makes it easier for the people here to answer your questions if they know what equipment you are using and your experience level. The best way to learn the D90 is one small step at a time. And if you get stuck on something someone here will be able to help.

fotojack

Hi Raven, and welcome to the forum. Like all the others have said, read the manual (I know...boring) and get to know your camera as well as possible. Take it one step at a time and don't rush things. It will all fall into place as you go along. Most importantly, take lots of pictures at lots of different settings. And don't ever be afraid to ask questions! We have a slew of people here who are more than willing to help a budding photographer. :)

PDKgirl

Congrats on your new Nikon!! They are wonderful things!!

Let your manual be your second bible, keep it in your camera bag at all times. When you shoot and you wonder what a symbol or button is, look it up!

My mentors used to tell me to also keep a small notepad with me, write down what you have your camera set to for each frame! This will help you to learn.

Just a little tid bit that I learned when I first started also! I am no professional by any means.... but give me a shout if you need anything! I am new to this site as well.
Deirdre