Photography Book Ideas?

M.Hinch

Looking for a few photography books to read. I've read Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson, twice, Creative Nature & Outdoor Photography by Branda Tharp, twice, "GREAT BOOK". Nikon D90 by Corey Hilz, Scott Kellby`s, The Digital Photography book 1, and Petersons Big Book of Photography. Looking for something on composition. Or lighting as in the sun.

Michael

ohkphoto

Snow White
Both of Joe McNally's books are great: The Hot shoe Diaries and The Moment It Clicks. He does use Nikon equipment so there's a lot of nikon specific info in there. And he writes the way he speaks, down to earth with lots of humor. Not only will you learn a lot, but you'll laugh through it. Lots of good pointers about how to create the kind of light you want (when it's not there to begin with)

If you're interested in learning how to be more creative and in developing a personal vision in photography, I'd recommend Within The Frame by David duChemin. Beautifully written with excellent examples. It has made me more thoughtful and creative in my photography.

Best Regards

Browncoat

I received this book as a Christmas gift: Expressive Photography - The Shutter Sisters' Guide to Shooting from the Heart.

My mother got it for me, and yes, the book is a bit "girly" in its approach. That's why I'm going to recommend it, especially for the boys. While the book does offer some technical info such as camera settings and lighting, it's more about the emotion you're trying to capture. There's good stuff in here along with some great photos to spark ideas.