Newbie from North Wales looking for advice

Themadwelshman

Hello everyone and looking forward to making some new friends.

The question I need to ask is.

How in the hell do I get to take those pictures in black and white and a single flower is sitting in the picture in full colour???

My wife bought me a Nikon d3100 and af-s Dx lens for my birthday and has given me orders that she requires me to take them sort of pictures so she can enlarge for our bedroom wall.

The LORD has spoken.

Please HELP.

Tony. Looking forward to hearing from you all. Cheers

Sent from Galaxy Note II with Tapatalk App

donaldjledet

Welcome Tony to Nikonites.com,

Sorry i can't help with that cause I'm still Learning myself.
But there are some great people on this site that
can help you with your
​question..

pedroj

Selective colour it is called...Have a look in your manual it may be in it...

I do it in processing the images in PS...

I did have the D3100 but I don't think that camera has that function. I upgraded to the D5100 and it does have that feature. I am afraid you are going to have to use software to do what you what to do.

Have you searched your manual to see that function listed or Googled it? I would suggest you do those to make sure.

WeeHector

Don't think you'll need to go into Photoshop to do this. Fairly cheap software can do this and I would expect you can do it with The Gimp which is a freebie.

bechdan

Croeso ir safle! I dont think there are many others from north wales here. GIMP should be more than adequate for most photo editing. Other software you can buy are adobe photoshop, very good but expensiv-er, corel paintshop pro x5 which is also good but cheaper.
Theres a useful section on learning photography in the forum with different sub sections on different styles, and a section where you can post your pictures for other peoples advice and suggestions.
In general though just have a browse through different posts and get inspiration and ideas.

Themadwelshman

Diolch yn fawr bechdan. Jam ta marmalade. Lol. O Ynys Mon Dwi.

Otherwise thanks you very much for your reply. Sitting on Parys Mountain now waiting for the right clouds but it keeps raining and my gear getting wet. So home now me finks.

Themadwelshman

Many thanks for that Brad sorry took so long to reply. App had logged me out for some reason so didn't get notifications. Cheers