Dawn runner with her dog.

Watoh

Dawn Mist in West Sussex, UK

9678983470_9be369ef10_h.jpg

EXIF: D600
f 10, 1/500, 86mm, iso 100.

This was a rushed shot. I was taking some dawn mist landscape shots, I had finished and got back in my car as was driving off when i saw a silhouette of a lady & her dog running across the field. I screeched to a halt, jumped out & grabbed my camera and got this one shot off. The Dog came running at me snarling and the lady stopped dead! It was a slightly awkward moment! But i liked the shot!

I did some basic post processing in LightRoom, it was under exposed as i did not have time to change the settings i had been using on my tripod shooting the sun.

Looking for feedback and advice.

Thanks.

(Here is a link to the shots i was actually taking.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/dogwat/sets/72157635392071572/ )

Last edited:

ohkphoto

Snow White
Dawn Mist in West Sussex, UK

9678983470_9be369ef10_h.jpg

EXIF: D600
f 10, 1/500, 86mm, iso 100.

This was a rushed shot. I was taking some dawn mist landscape shots, I had finished and got back in my car as was driving off when i saw a silhouette of a lady & her dog running across the field. I screeched to a halt, jumped out & grabbed my camera and got this one shot off. The Dog came running at me snarling and the lady stopped dead! It was a slightly awkward moment! But i liked the shot!

I did some basic post processing in LightRoom, it was under exposed as i did not have time to change the settings i had been using on my tripod shooting the sun.

Looking for feedback and advice.

Thanks.

(Here is a link to the shots i was actually taking.. Dawn - a set on Flickr )

I very much like this shot. I would give it a high score in impact and storytelling . . . in terms of technique, I would suggest to lighten the dog's face a little bit . . . especially if he was snarling . . . would add even more impact.

The fact that your horizon almost bisects the photo is a little troubling, but the rest of the elements carry it well. You might crop down from the top just a tad. Also, I know this was a "quick shot" and I only mention this because I am prone to "cutting off" the feet of the subject (dog). (composition)

I like the post-processing . . . nice glow. Overall, and excellent capture, and quick thinking on your part!

Watoh

Thanks ohkphoto I really appreciate the feedback.

I'll post up the un processed version to help with post processing help. I'll give it a tweak or two as per your advice too.

ohkphoto I'm truly flattered by the high rating! I wish it was skill, but the light was soooo good anyone could have got a good shot!