Nikon D3200 Problem

john40131

I bought a Nikon D3200 at the end of April mainly to use for my Holiday in August.

No problems up to August although I didn't use a great deal then first day of holiday it shut down, it would not turn on again, though battery so changed still no joy, tried charging both batteries still didn't work, so bought new charger and another battery thinking it may be charger still no joy.

So had to send back to Nikon and still waiting for its return, parts have just arrived from Europe to repair after 3 weeks, my question is has anyone had any similar problems with this camera.
No idea as yet has to the problem but I want to know and worried it will happen again, maybe I should have got another type.

​John

Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

The D3200 is a great camera and I have not heard of that problem before. Hopefully they can get the problem fixed and it won't happen again. As soon as you get it back go out and shoot a lot every day for a couple of weeks to put it through the paces.

john40131

Thanks for reply I will post outcome of repair when I get it back, but I am not to happy at spending such a large sum on a camera and then it breaks down without warning so soon, but i suppose its just like a computer you get no warning.

​John

Fred Kingston

What parts did they order???? Kind of difficult to determine whether a problem is endemic without knowing what the exact problem is...

john40131

I don't know as yet but want to know when they finish repair, seems a bit Chinese to me that I send to UK Nikon Service and support center and they have to order parts from European parts depot.

​John

Fred Kingston

Nikon service centers are like franchises... and they can only buy parts from Nikon... They're very regionalized... and Nikon's warranty is a function of the dealers and service centers in those regions with different price points... It's one reason that American dealers sometimes have 2 prices for the same Nikon product... 1 price includes an American warranty, and one (the grey market) does NOT...

Last edited: