Viewfinder Display Seems To Be Dim

Mike Parker

Hello!
I'm just wondering if anyone has a solution for this issue. On a sunny day, I often find that the viewfinder display is often very dim. Any solutions for this?
Sorry if this has posted before, but I looked and didn't find a post.
- Mike Parker.

Scott Murray

Hello!
I'm just wondering if anyone has a solution for this issue. On a sunny day, I often find that the viewfinder display is often very dim. Any solutions for this?
Sorry if this has posted before, but I looked and didn't find a post.
- Mike Parker.

Is the battery fully charged? A depleted battery will cause this.

nikonpup

mike, replace the eyecup with a hogman eyecup. Seals out the light better. Models for eyeglass wears or not. I put them on my d600 and d5100's a real help for an old dog.

Mike Parker

Hi Scott!
Nope, battery is fully charged. The display simply appears dimmed to the point where I cannot tell if the subject is in focus (the "dot" in the lower corner). The display is lit but just hard to read.

nikonpup

the eye cup does cover part of the screen, i do not use the screen folded out very much so not a problem for me. If you do get a hoodman eye cup they have a locking lip at the bottom of the eye cup. A super bitch to remove, so i just filed mine off. So if i do need to use the display folded out i am not fighting the eye cup.

the eye cup does cover part of the screen, i do not use the screen folded out very much so not a problem for me. If you do get a hoodman eye cup they have a locking lip at the bottom of the eye cup. A super bitch to remove, so i just filed mine off. So if i do need to use the display folded out i am not fighting the eye cup.

Since I can't get on the ground anymore without three people t get my up I find myself using the fold out screen to get low shots.

nikonpup

monopod - manfrotto 322rc2 027.jpg