coastal defences at Llanddulas and a few other

bechdan

Well I tried uploading my pics to the nikonites gallery but it said each image was too big, even though they werent, oh well
I cycled about 15 miles to Llanddulas today as it was such a nice day and took some photos with my sigma 10-20mm

click for bigger

llanddulas1_zpscf299336.jpg

llanddulas2_zpsbd0138df.jpg

llanddulas5_zps20e80d57.jpg

llanddulas9_zpscdff6fba.jpg

llanddulas10_zps19f9542f.jpg

Random well also

well1_zps9c3b2322.jpg

And my first attempts at taking photos of the night sky, it wasnt very clear last night but this is what I got after some heavy editing (15s F4 Iso 100 10mm)

stars5_zps67fe5193.jpg

stars4_zps4d6c087d.jpg

bechdan

the relentless ocean! they prevent the coastline from being washed away by locking the rocks in to place, It is amazing how many of them there are.

the relentless ocean! they prevent the coastline from being washed away by locking the rocks in to place, It is amazing how many of them there are.

I figured it was that or the English. Sort of makes the beach not usable for anything else I guess.

I had to look at a map of the area. I see how the area is a natural inlet where the sea would have no other place to go so I can see how it would get the full force of the sea washing away at the beach.

Last edited:

bechdan

ha ha cheers Don
off topic of the title now its a clearer night so heres my first decentish shot of the milky way. Theres a streetlamp not too far away I dont know if thats spoiling it, but am I doing it right with the 10-20mm (30s F4) or would another lens be better?

3c6548ed-37fe-4eea-8594-2a3c16ed978a_zpsf11cbe56.jpg

bechdan

ISO 100 as on a tripod, post processing using corel paintshop pro x5, used raw editing to recover highlights, then used the 'fill light + clarity' options to actually be able to see the stars, then the usual noise removal and sharpening. I also set the camera to exposure delay (mirror up 1s before shutter) and manual focus ofcourse.
I dont suppose a minimum aperture of F4 is particularly good for this though.