What's in your camera bag?

frtorres87

For all of us D7100 Owners, what's in your bag and what bags do you keep your equipment it?

tu7y9a9a.jpg

Nikon D5100 with 18-55mm lens
Nikon D7100 with 18-105mm lens
MD-15 grip for D7100
Nikon 40mm Micro f/2.8
Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8
Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8
SB-700 Speedlight
MeFoto Roadtrip Tripod
Black Rapid Fro Knows Photo Strap
iPad 4th Gen 32GB
Neewer 5 in 1 Reflector
XXX Eneloop Batteries and various chargers

pate6a4a.jpg

The Bag in Question, Case Logic

Horoscope Fish

I have two bags that I use regularly... My "Everything But the Kitchen Sink" bag and my more-or-less daily "Grab and Go" bag.

The first one holds everything, right down to spare body caps I never seem to need (well, there was that experimental period with a Pinhole lens...) and my Shutter Boss and what not, but this bag rarely gets carried, it's really a storage container and spends most of it's time in the trunk of my car.

My G 'n' G bag carries my '7100 with my 18-105 mounted, my Tok 11-16mm and my Nikon 35mm. There's Yongnuo 468-II in there, some filters (ND and CPL), lens hoods, a spare camera battery, two spare memory cards a lens brush and that's about it. I try to travel as light as possible.

frtorres87

I have two bags that I use regularly... My "Everything But the Kitchen Sink" bag and my more-or-less daily "Grab and Go" bag.

The first one holds everything, right down to spare body caps I never seem to need (well, there was that experimental period with a Pinhole lens...) and my Shutter Boss and what not, but this bag rarely gets carried, it's really a storage container and spends most of it's time in the trunk of my car.

My G 'n' G bag carries my '7100 with my 18-105 mounted, my Tok 11-16mm and my Nikon 35mm. There's Yongnuo 468-II in there, some filters (ND and CPL), lens hoods, a spare camera battery, two spare memory cards a lens brush and that's about it. I try to travel as light as possible.

I wish I did the same, I have a small case logic sling bag but I find myself taking all my gear with me "just in case"lol.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
For all of us D7100 Owners, what's in your bag and what bags do you keep your equipment it?

Nikon D5100 with 18-55mm lens
Nikon D7100 with 18-105mm lens
MD-15 grip for D7100
Nikon 40mm Micro f/2.8
Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8
Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8
SB-700 Speedlight
MeFoto Roadtrip Tripod
Black Rapid Fro Knows Photo Strap
iPad 4th Gen 32GB
Neewer 5 in 1 Reflector
XXX Eneloop Batteries and various chargers

The Bag in Question, Case Logic

Pretty modest kit. How do you like that bag?

Last edited:

frtorres87

Pretty modest kit. How do you that bag?

Not sure if I understand your question. But the bag is great! Fits everything comfortably and distributes the weights very nicely. I went hiking once with about half my gear in this bag and it never bothered me. With all my gear in it, it does feel a little bit on the heavy side. That being said I think I paid like 60 bucks on Amazon for it so it was well worth every penny.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Not sure if I understand your question. But the bag is great! Fits everything comfortably and distributes the weights very nicely. I went hiking once with about half my gear in this bag and it never bothered me. With all my gear in it, it does feel a little bit on the heavy side. That being said I think I paid like 60 bucks on Amazon for it so it was well worth every penny.

Thanks for the info and sorry for the type error. My fingers are not cooperating with what I have in mind. ;)

The reason why I asked is because I am looking for a grab and go bag that can be configured with various short and long lenses. Something weather resistant (reads "rain" or water resistant) just in case it pours. I have four bags already but they have their own purposes and are mostly being used to store my equipment.

Krs_2007

Glen, I have the same bag, they are really nice. Even has a laptop pocket in the back. It's my main travel bag. I have been using the lowepro more lately because I don't need to take all of my equipment every time. I ordered it online, but noticed my camera store is carrying them now. Lots of configuration options and it holds the tripod/monopod on the side.

Sorry OP for taking over your post, just wanted to sing the praises of the bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

frtorres87

Glen, I have the same bag, they are really nice. Even has a laptop pocket in the back. It's my main travel bag. I have been using the lowepro more lately because I don't need to take all of my equipment every time. I ordered it online, but noticed my camera store is carrying them now. Lots of configuration options and it holds the tripod/monopod on the side.

No worries, everything u said about the bag is true. It's a pretty great bag.

gqtuazon

Gear Head

For $60, that is not bad at all. I'll check them out to see what's best for me.

Now back to the original discussion.

Last edited:

beebrasil

Kata bee222ul bag with

Nikon d7100, nikon d200 with grip, 18-200, 12-24mm, 105mm, 55mm macro, 35mm, sb910 flash, ipad 2, 16 inch asus 53nq laptop, minolta light meter, various filters and cleaners. Giottos tripod with manfroto head strapped to side of bag.

The top part of pack was clear for food or what ever. The pack weighed a ton due to contents not bag itself. Ok for carry-on but would not like to carry it far.

Normally would not take the d200, laptop and some of the prime lenses.

Do you like your md15 grip?

Monty

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

NikonVincent

despite having numerous lenses, i now prefer more and more having a "walkaround" all purpose zoom on my camera and just enjoying the walk without loaded down with gear. of course, the walkaround zoom is crippled by a dark maximum aperture, slower than ideal focusing speed, etc, but the joy of lighter weight makes me want to just leave gear at home!