D3200 DX18-55 mm lense will not focus...

limegreen

I've had my camera for about nine months and one fine day, my camera decided to no longer focus with either of the lenses that came with the D3200. The camera takes pictures, mind you, but the photo's are blurry and the shutter click is as slow as chocolate syrup in the refrigerator.

I've played with settings, I've restored the camera to original factory settings, I've recharged the battery, I've left it sit in a dark room, I've read the manual and short of not understanding what a girl like me should do with it, I'm about ready to hang it up.

In addition, when the short lens is focusing, it sounds like it's rubbing or spinning on something.

I'm at a novice level, so please keep your helpful answers second grade simpleif you would, please.

That'll do it for now - thank you for your time and for your consideration. Really.

limegreen

Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

Assuming you bought it new then it is still under warranty. Where did you buy it? It local then carry it back there and ask them to look at it and see it they see the problem. Do you have a friend that knows anything about photography? If yes ask them to have a look at it. Better if they are a Nikon shooter. Certainly in MINNESOTA there is someone that can help. If all that fails then send it in for warranty work.

From what you said in your first post it sounds like you have done everything you should have done to narrow down the problem. You would be surprised at how many people don't do that. I think you have probably done everything you should have done. You need to move to the next level and going to an expert and more than likely Nikon Support. They have a support line that you can call and they will walk you through the next steps.

And Please once you get it resolved let us know what it was and how you got it fixed. Then we want to see pictures. In fact you have been shooting for a while so lets see come of those while we are waiting.

shungokusatsu29

Just a thought; today I as shooting with my 18-55mm and I eventually set it to Auto on the actual lens... well, I set it to auto for a bit in the menu, then back to manual... in the menu. I tried to manually focus and it would move; well, it moved but I had to force it and it was rough and gritty... after freaking out, I realized that I didn't switch the button on the lens back to 'M'... might be worth checking out! Flipped it back and it was back to normal, thank goodness!!

eidian

Did you try the Clean Image Sensor option? Maybe some dust got on the sensor when you changed a lens?

And yeah, the lens can make scary sounds when it can't auto-focus.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4