Oh Canada

Sambr

Just to let our southern neighbour know we here in Canada do have guns & lots of them :)
JimS2-XL.jpg

SASS.jpg

Even the women have pack the "Big Iron"
SASS6.jpg
SASS5.jpgSASS9.jpgSASS10.jpg

Rick M

Nice shots Sam! I like the cartridge coming out of the lever action! Something appealing about that red skirt and pistol too! :)

Bill16

Target shooting can be very fun my friend. :) It can be a lot like taking photos and getting the photo just the way you like it. Shooting a gun at a target can take a lot of skill,a steady hand, and you get a burst of excitement when you hit the target just right. Some of the same skills required to get the photo are used to hit your target.
I personally love target shooting, but it can be an expensive hobby when you really get into it. I use to collect guns and loved shooting them, but since then I had to sell nearly all of them, and all I have left is my marlin 357 magnum lever action saddle style rifle.
But I'm enjoying photography these days, and with a camera I can even shoot in town or in my own house! Lol :D And besides it's a lot quieter! Lol :D
Actualy I don't like guns etc. cos I can't figure it out what is fun shooting but these two a great shots which I like really. Great capture.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Actualy I don't like guns etc. cos I can't figure it out what is fun shooting but these two a great shots which I like really. Great capture.

I agree. The first two shots were perfectly timed. Nice series Sam. Seeing women with big camera, lenses and now even guns is sexy. ;)

What a lot of people do not understand about shooting is that it is a skill. These guys are competitive shooters. They train and practice for years to get to a competitive level. I love to shoot guns. I don't hunt although I have no problem with it at all as long as the meat is eaten. I hate waste. My son and a friend of his and I went shooting a couple of weeks ago. WE destroyed a number of targets but most of all we enjoyed a common interest which is a great thing for a father and son. My wife was mad because she could not join us.

I would love to see guys like in these photos shoot.

Sambr

This was / is the SASS (Single Action Shooting Society) Canadian Nationals - Don's right these are very competitive shooters from across Canada - I will be out tomorrow shooting some more(pardon the pun)

SASS12.jpg
For folks that wonder what a SASS gun is:
This is a Single action revolver Know as the SAA(single action army) The US army adopted it in the mid to late 1800's. Is also known as the "Peacemaker" this particular one is made by Strum Ruger

MrF

Great shots, Sambr! I'm guessing SASS is similar to what we call Cowboy Action Shooting down here? Always great fun to watch, and a lot of skill involved. I've watched folks get four shots out of a double barreled shotgun almost as fast as you could with pump action.