Bridge

deathsnuggle

Took this while I was out hiking. I saw it and just had to take a picture, it came out a bit dark but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Lens: 35mm, aperture: f/1.8, Shutter Speed 1/2500s, Iso 1600

Attachments

• DSC_0379.jpg
    DSC_0379.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 112

fotojack

Took this while I was out hiking. I saw it and just had to take a picture, it came out a bit dark but I don't think that's a bad thing.

I'm curious as to why you used a shutter speed of 1/2500s and an ISO of 1600. Was it dark out? Was the bridge moving? I don't get it.

mikew_RIP

Well for me it doesn't cut it,too much black to get lost in,i like the idea of what appears to be your goal but i dont feel it succeeds.

mike

bechdan

i know you are trying to get a moody rich picture but as said it is a little too dark. the main highlight are the leaves which arent interesting.

heres my take, but its just my opinion and im no pro

DSC_0379_zpsc8a536d3.jpg

deathsnuggle

My iso was on auto, and my ss was so high because I had just been taking some shots of a few friends whom weremoving. But you are right it's a bit too dark. looks like I've got more Work to do

ohkphoto

Snow White

I understand why you felt you had to take a photo . . . the lighting is exquisite. In my opinion, this is begging for an HDR treatment (but you can't do it with a high iso). HDR is the only way to preserve the detail in the shadow without blowing out the light.

deathsnuggle

I understand why you felt you had to take a photo . . . the lighting is exquisite. In my opinion, this is begging for an HDR treatment (but you can't do it with a high iso). HDR is the only way to preserve the detail in the shadow without blowing out the light.
I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the idea.